How do you start your day?
I used to wake up and immediately reach for my phone, tap on my social media apps/email and check out what was happening in other people’s worlds. I did this all while I was still lying in bed, in that haze between sleep and fully waking up. It wasn't until about a year ago that I heard from different thought gurus that I was not setting my day up for success with my morning habit!
Brendon Burchard has said that the "inbox is nothing but a convenient organizing system for other people's agendas." When I thought about it in that light, I realized that I did not want to start my day with anyone's agenda but my own.
My mornings have been much different for a few months now. What I've implemented and what I intend to do for the remainder of my life is to engage in my Morning Ritual. Tiffany Peterson says that the way you start your day shapes your day. She suggests that you do 3 things each morning:
1. Connect With the Divine
Give gratitude to your creator. Examples: Prayer, Meditation, Gratitude Journaling, Inspiring Music, Reading Scriptures, etc.
2. Personal Development
Nourish belief in yourself. Examples: Reading or listening to inspirational material. Visualization, Vision Board, Reviewing Goals, etc.
3. Get Physical
Be in peak performance in your physical health. Examples: Exercise of all kinds - Yoga, Plyometrics, Interval Training, Cardio, etc.
• To connect with the divine, I say a morning prayer. While in bed, before I open my eyes, I say to myself:
"What would you have me think?
Where would you have me go?
What would you have me do?
What would you have me say, and to whom?"
(The majority of this is from A Course in Miracles. I added on the "What would you have me think" part.)
• For personal development, I read from a number of books, watch a video from a program I have subscribed to or listen to a YouTube video.
Books I am currently reading: A Return to love, The Greatest Salesman in the World.
Programs I’m participating it: The Social Downline with Hayley Hobson, 15 Days to Freedom Blog Challenge with Natalie Sisson, Share Success Challenge to Platinum.
• For My Physical Exercise: I am doing a program called the BBG (Bikini Body Guide) with Kayla Itsine.
Since I've started doing all three things each morning I've experienced much more positivity in my life.
The domino effect of my Morning Ritual:
• I feel more grounded throughout the day.
• Being more grounded helps me to put things into perspective.
* Putting things into perspective makes me feel amazingly grateful.
• Being grateful makes my life a bounty of possibility.
• Feeling that possibility makes my life better.
• When my life is better I can help others create a better life for themselves.
If you aren't beginning your day with you and you alone, maybe it's time to start. What do you do to start your day?
In Love and Health,